The student will develop multi-tier web applications using client-server technologies in a variety of frameworks. Development will include design patterns such as MVC and MVVM with students writing client-side and server-side code to create a functional, consistent, and robust web application. As a capstone project, the students will develop and deploy a functional web application. Group 2 course.
Required Prerequisites CIT 190
with a grade of 2.0 or higher, CIT 195
with a grade of 2.0 or higher
Recommended Prerequisites or Skills Competencies CIT 228
, CIT 255
General Education Outcomes supported by this course
Critical Thinking - Direct
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Explain the use of multi- tier architecture in web application design.
- Explain the use of the MVC patterning when developing web applications.
- Demonstrate the various features of a framework while developing small web applications.
- Apply design concepts to create a functional user interface and user experience.
- Develop a complex web application.
- Deploy a complex web application.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Give and receive feedback in appropriate manner.
Learning How to Learn:
- Identify how the quality of code affects our interaction with technology.
- Select professional development resources that support their learning styles.