Through structured classroom and hands-on skill building, the student will learn about drywall products, installation, and finishing, wall panels, tile, suspended ceilings, finish trim, flooring, and cabinet and countertop installation. Group 2 course.
Recommended Prerequisites or Skills Competencies
Placement in MTH 23
or co-enrollment in the recommended developmental Math course. Placement into ENG 11
/111 or Co-enrollment in the recommended English Course.
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Identify types of materials to use for various finishing projects.
- Implement the use of different finishing materials for walls/ceilings/floors.
- Determine layouts for countertops and cabinetry.
- Organize the construction process for lab exercises.
- Produce a safe, quality product.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Recognize the value of care and precision as a rough framer.
- Appreciate the aesthetic value to customers of their finished product.
Learning How to Learn:
- Recognize the Importance of initial building quality of construction.
- Realize the impact of attention to detail.