This course will introduce the major disciplines of dance: ballet, jazz, and modern. Basic dance skills will be acquired through the practice of exercises, steps, and techniques. This course is designed for those with little or no background in dance. Group 2 course.
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Identify different dance disciplines.
- Explain dance as an expressive art form.
- Develop self-awareness and group awareness through movement.
- Explain the contributions of diverse people and cultures and their impact on the dance profession.
- Improve flexibility, strength, and coordination through a wide range of movement structures.
- Demonstrate technical proficiency in dance.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- See themselves as artists.
- Collaborate with others in a creative environment.
- Recognize the personal and societal importance of self-expression and creativity.
Learning How to Learn:
- Express interest in music from other cultures and genres.
- Value differences in cultural expressions of creativity.
- Recognize the role music plays as an expression of social concerns.
- Read study effectively.
- Frame useful questions.
- Develop educational goals.
- Direct/regulate their own learning.
- Learn through collaboration.