Students will learn Adobe Photoshop, a bitmap manipulation tool used to create images for both print and the web. Students will learn how to incorporate color, use layers, create special effects, use filters, and use a variety of selection techniques for proper image editing. Students will also learn the basics of using a digital camera and scanner as well as color management, how to restore damaged images, automate tasks, and how to prepare files for print. The Abode Certified Associate Exam for Photoshop is included in the cost for this course. Group 2 course.
Recommended Prerequisites or Skills Competencies CIT 100
, Basic keyboarding skills highly recommended. Use of the Macintosh or Windows operating system highly recommended.
General Education Outcomes supported by this course
Critical Thinking - Direct
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Use software, specific terminology and concepts.
- Develop projects using image editing software.
- Select appropriate technologies to accomplish tasks.
- Demonstrate independent work ethic.
- Connect global industry standards used in the development of graphic design and advertising as apply to the use of Adobe Photoshop. Adobe Certified Associate Exam is included in this course.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Use the content in this course to inform and help others and themselves.
- Critique projects with peers and others.
- Resolve issues in projects through self-reflection and feedback from others.
Learning How to Learn:
- Create a product promoting global awareness.
- Increase social and environmental conscience by participating in product presentations.
- Frame useful questions for developing technical skills.
- Interact constructively during critiques and discussions.