This course builds on the topics covered in AUD 110
and AUD 111
, focusing on the refining and addition of skills in digital audio recording. Students develop competencies in working with hardware and software in audio project-based settings. Group 2 course.
Required Prerequisites AUD 111
with a grade of 2.0 or higher.
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Demonstrate multiple mic techniques in studio and location recording.
- Demonstrate micing and mixing for live sound.
- Identify genre-specific sound/recording techniques.
- Demonstrate genre-specific micing and mixing strategies.
- Create sample recordings in various genres using a multitude of recording techniques.
- Compare and Contrast recording techniques used in various.
- Complete a project using a multitude of recording techniques.
- Musical genres.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- See themselves as artists.
- Collaborate with others in a creative environment.
- Recognize the personal and societal importance of self-expression and creativity.
Learning How to Learn:
- Express interest in music from other cultures and genres.
- Value differences in cultural expressions of creativity.
- Recognize the role music plays as an expression of social concerns.
- Read study effectively.
- Frame useful questions.
- Develop educational goals.
- Direct/regulate their own learning.
- Learn through collaboration.