Through structured classroom and hands-on skill building, the student will learn commercial building plans and specifications, reading electrical drawings, calculating the electrical load, branch circuits, wiring methods, motor and appliance circuits, feeders, special systems, and working drawings. Group 2 course.
Required Prerequisites ELE 105
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Identify electrical prints and Symbology.
- Show proper sizing of the electrical circuit in commercial applications.
- Explain multiple services.
- Extrapolate take-offs for commercial building plans.
- Develop a working plan and noting on the prints.
- Calculate motor loads, feeders, and branch circuit loads for commercial projects.
- Contrast the differences between residential and commercial wiring.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Collaborate with other trades and stakeholders.
- Recognize the value of job coordination.
Learning How to Learn:
- Evaluate the complexity of commercial jobs.
- Estimate the proper circuiting take-offs and calculations.