This course covers the basic operating principles, construction, power flow and repair of clutches, manual transaxles, and drive shafts. Differential theory and overhaul will be covered including ring and pinion replacement and set up. Group 2 course.
Required Prerequisites AT 100
-may be taken concurrently
General Education Outcomes supported by this course
Critical Thinking - Direct
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Describe operation and design of manual transmissions and drivelines using current automotive system nomenclature.
- Identify issues or problems with various manual transmissions and drivelines and articulate (demonstrate) a process for resolving those to given specifications.
- Apply problem solving strategies to resolve issues with automotive transmission and drivelines systems.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Discuss course information with others regarding engine performance.
Learning How to Learn:
- Service a vehicle owned by a customer using recommended shop procedures.
- Demonstrate mastery of written material and bench work on manual transmissions and drivelines as tested by the State of Michigan.