This course focuses on contemporary issues and current events in the marine industry. It is intended to explore the global marine technology market while providing industry perspective from the marine sector including consequences of pollution, safety regulations, policy development, technology advances, and economics. Students will evaluate trends and conditions expected to influence the industry over the next five years. Group 2 course.
Completion of 60 credit hours within major, Must include WSI 200
, WSI 210
, WSI 240
General Education Outcomes supported by this course
Critical Thinking - Direct
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Describe current topics in the industry.
- Differentiate between growing and falling industry markets.
- Describe advancements in marine technology through perspectives from industry.
- Connect information from industry publications to marine industry growth sectors.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Identify internship and career opportunities in the marine industry.
Learning How to Learn:
- Evaluate the impacts of marine industry advancements in support of the marine environment.
- Identify key resources for making connections between industry, government, and scientific markets.