Digital Audio II is a the continuation of AUD 120
, Digital Audio I. This course explores Pro Tools, MIDI recording and editing, then delves further into advanced MIDI editing techniques. The use and operation of control surfaces and MIDI session strategies are explored. Group 2 course.
Required Prerequisites AUD 120
with a grade of 2.0 or higher.
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Identify various Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) platforms.
- Demonstrate the basics of sound synthesis and sound design.
- Identify the basics of software synths.
- Demonstrate advanced Musical Instrument Digital Interface editing and processing techniques.
- Demonstrate notation techniques in various DAW's.
- Compare and Contrast various editing and processing techniques in industry-standard DAW's.
- Create sample files using various DAW platforms and software synths.
- Create basic notation files using various DAW's.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- See themselves as artists.
- Collaborate with others in a creative environment.
- Recognize the personal and societal importance of self-expression and creativity.
Learning How to Learn:
- Express interest in music from other cultures and genres.
- Value differences in cultural expressions of creativity.
- Recognize the role music plays as an expression of social concerns.
- Read study effectively.
- Frame useful questions.
- Develop educational goals.
- Direct/regulate their own learning.
- Learn through collaboration.