This is the first course in the Automotive Service Program. Engine theory, cooling systems, and lube requirements will be covered. Bolts, micrometers and basic specialty tools are integrated into the class. Training in the use of acetylene torch equipment will be taught along with its use in the automotive field. Group 2 course.
Recommended Prerequisites or Skills Competencies ENG 99
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Describe basic auto services and systems using current automotive system nomenclature.
- Describe basic auto theory.
- Use problem solving strategies to resolve basic automotive systems issues.
- Discuss the impact of basic automotive systems on personal and transportation safety.
Learning How to Learn:
- Demonstrate care by using the recommended shop procedures when servicing a vehicle.
- Relate knowledge and hands-on skills needed for success in the automotive industry.