Class to cover theory and practical use of common methods of non-destructive examination. Processes include dye penetrant, ultrasonic, magnetic particle, and radiographic testing. Familiarity with prevalent codes and standards will be emphasized. Group 2 course.
Required Prerequisites WPT 211
Recommended Prerequisites or Skills Competencies DD 101
, DD 110
General Education Outcomes supported by this course
Critical Thinking - Direct
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Identify common testing equipment.
- Determine recommended procedures through industry resources.
- Evaluate complex assemblies in conformance to code specifications.
- Demonstrate process capabilities using formulae.
- Analyze welds for discontinuities.
- Assess process capabilities to determine efficacy in various applications.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Support the progress of others through collaboration.
Learning How to Learn:
- Demonstrate shop etiquette.
- Reflect on the value of attitude in the industrial environment.
- Demonstrate perseverance when developing skills.
- Synthesize new material with old in order to improve outcomes.