First level lecture for all students enrolled in a Welding Technology Degree or Certificate Program. Course will cover theory and technique for Shielded Metal Arc Welding, and Oxy Fuel Processes for welding, brazing, and cutting. Group 2 course.
Corequisites WPT 112
General Education Outcomes supported by this course
Critical Thinking - Direct
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Understand and use terminology common to the welding trade as defined by the American Welding Society.
- Identify safety hazards.
- Name common industry Personal Protective Equipment.
- Apply knowledge of process fundamentals to hypothetical problems.
- Use formulae to calculate Wire Feed Speed, Volume, Mass, etc.
- Incorporate Ohm's Law into their understanding of arc welding processes.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Recognize the importance of weld quality on the health, safety, and welfare of the public.
Learning How to Learn:
- Be aware in their personal impact on the quality of the projects in which they are involved.
- Evaluate hypothetical applications and determine efficacy of different processes.