This is the clinical component of Chairside Procedures. Students learn and practice operative and specialty chairside techniques in a fully equipped dental clinic. Students assist our staff dentist during simulated dental procedures. Expanded duties for dental assistants are also introduced in this course. Group 2 course.
Corequisites HDA 240
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Demonstrate decontamination procedures at the completion of dental treatment.
- Demonstrate operatory preparation for the various general and specialty dental procedures.
- Demonstrate clinical chairside skills during specialty dental procedures, i.e., orthodontics, endodontics, oral surgery, periodontics.
- Develop dental treatment plans after reviewing patient medical/dental histories utilizing prior course concepts.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Interact with others to communicate patient education and post-operative management.
Learning How to Learn:
- Engage with faculty dentist(s) to reflect clinical chairside skills learned throughout all of the dental curriculum.
- Direct learning/self-evaluation of clinical competency of certain expanded functions as delegated RDA.