In this course students will work with the Office of Career Services to complete a career portfolio and employment training. Major topics in this course include resume creation both written and online portfolios, interview preparation, job search strategies, and professional attire. Group 2 course.
Required Prerequisites SRG 201
and SRG 202
may be taken concurrently
General Education Outcomes supported by this course
Communications - Direct
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Define the requirements for a professional resume portfolio.
- Describe the process involved with a professional job search, interview management skills, and professional attire.
- Create a professional resume Portfolio in both physical and online formats.
- Incorporate the cover letter, resume, and e-portfolio created in the course to apply for a surgical technologist position.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- See themselves as surgical technologists.
Learning How to Learn:
- Appreciate the professional skills required for seeking employment.
- Be prepared to facilitate a professional interview process.