The student is introduced to IT topics, each presented in five week modules, that are both timely and relevant to the IT industry. The course uses these modules to both present the new technologies and provide opportunity for the student to identify skills and resources relevant to profession development in the IT industry. Group 2 course.
General Education Outcomes supported by this course
Critical Thinking - Direct
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Explain specific new technologies using various media.
- Demonstrate the ability to implement and manage specific new technologies.
- Specific new technologies in application development.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Demonstrate interpersonal communication skills while instructing other students.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively critique their peer's work.
Learning How to Learn:
- Identify how the type and quality of IT technologies effect our daily experience and interaction with society.
- Select professional development resources that support their learning styles.
- Develop a set of professional resources to maintain throughout their career.