This course is the capstone for the AAS degree in Creative Management Art Direction. This internship provides on-the-job experience for the student who wishes to pursue a career in visual communications. Customized to meet the learning needs of the student and the job requirements of the sponsoring firms, students spend 180 hours in paid or non-paid, supervised on-the-job training experiences. In addition students participate in bi-weekly reports and weekly online methodology discussion boards with the instructor/peers. Students must apply one month prior to the semester they wish to complete class. Group 2 course.
Students must have completed all VCA courses with a minimum 2.5 GPA and departmental approval.
Recommended Prerequisites or Skills Competencies
The student should possess good written, graphic and oral communication skills, and have a portfolio of work/resume to show employers.
General Education Outcomes supported by this course
Communications - Direct, Critical Thinking - Direct
Other college designations supported by this course
Degree Req:Cultural Persp/Div
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Articulate design methodologies used in the design workplace.
- Complete internship projects from start to finish according to the VCA Agreement.
- Solve design challenges in industry workplace environments.
- Participate in supervisor evaluations.
- Connect global industry standards used in the development of graphic design and advertising projects for commerce.
- Synthesize digital process books as record of work process.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Evaluate their place in the AIGA survey of design practice.
- Initiate their site visit invitations.
Learning How to Learn:
- Illustrate the importance of improving skills to develop their talent through real world experience.
- Interact constructively during critiques and discussions with their internship host and instructor.