In this course students will take an in-depth look at Linux, focusing on proper installation, command line usage, and administration of the Operating System. Students will examine the concepts common to all Linux systems. Exploration will take the form of a practical, hands-on approach, using a mix of hands-on projects as well as web resources. This course will prepare students for the CompTIA Linux+ Exam. Group 2 course.
Required Prerequisites CIT 213
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Explain the functioning of a Linux operating system.
- Administrate a Linux operating system.
- Apply knowledge and skill sets to real-world situations.
- Problem-solve independently.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Collaborate as team members and leaders using soft skills to achieve desired outcomes.
Learning How to Learn:
- Acknowledge that learning new technology can be disconcerting.
- Reflect on how their role within an organization and community impact the productivity of others.
- Approach ethical dilemmas with integrity.
- Acknowledge that technology is constantly changing requiring new skillsets.
- Apply their knowledge to future certification exams.