First level lab for all students enrolled in a Welding Technology Degree or Certificate Program. Practical application of Shielded Metal Arc Welding, Gas Metal Arc Welding, and Oxy Fuel Processes for welding, brazing, and cutting. Welds will be performed in all positions and subjected to destructive quality testing. Group 2 course.
Corequisites WPT 111
General Education Outcomes supported by this course
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Identify common welding equipment.
- Discover recommended machine settings via multiple resources.
- Create weld samples in conformance to print specifications.
- Use formulae to calculate Wire Feed Speed and other parameters.
- Integrate the theory learned in WPT 111 with their practical experience in this course.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Collaborate to improve welding skills.
Learning How to Learn:
- Demonstrate shop etiquette and reflect on the value of attitude in the industrial environment.
- Recognize the need for determination and focus when developing skills.