This course is designed to familiarize the student with the theory and operation of the automotive ignition system and fuel system. Group 2 course.
Required Prerequisites AT 220
General Education Outcomes supported by this course
Critical Thinking - Direct
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Describe the basic components of the automotive ignition and fuel systems as related to engine performance.
- Use the results of diagnostic strategies to service/repair automotive ignition and fuel systems to improve engine performance.
- Apply problem solving strategies to resolve issues with automotive ignition and fuels systems.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Discuss course information with others regarding engine performance.
Learning How to Learn:
- Service a vehicle owned by a customer using recommended shop procedures.
- Demonstrate competency according to National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation standards to pass the Automotive Engine Performance Technician certification.