Course DescriptionMTH 120
Support will focus on essential arithmetic, algebraic, and geometric skills needed for success in MTH 120
. This course is for students concurrently enrolled in Math 120. Support topics include order of operations, properties of exponents, geometry, fractions, dimensional analysis, linear equations, proportions, basic graphing techniques, applications, and growth mindset/college readiness.
A grade of 2.0 or higher in MTH 100
or appropriate placement score
Corequisites MTH 120
Recommended Prerequisites or Skills Competencies
High school algebra and geometry
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Order of Operations, Properties of Exponents, Geometry, Fractions, Dimensional Analysis, Linear Equations, Proportions, Basic Graphing Techniques, Applications, Growth mindset/college readiness.
- The student will solve real world problems using appropriate models and strategies.
- Students will apply problem solving strategies justifying their results in real world problems: linear growth, dimensional analysis, proportional reasoning, logical reasoning, using a formula, using correct technology.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Self: Students will strive to improve areas of mathematical weakness based on feedback. Others: Students will collaborate with peers during group work.
Learning How to Learn:
- Students will recognize the impact mathematics plays in civic situations such as politics, education and income.
- Students will relate mathematical skills to real-life situations.