An introduction to acting technique and craftsmanship, this course emphasizes theory and practice in modern realistic theater. Group 2 course.
Recommended Prerequisites or Skills Competencies
General knowledge of the performance arts and the media. College level reading and writing skills are assumed.
General Education Outcomes supported by this course
Communications - Direct
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Show the ability to communicate clearly the message of a scene (monologues or dialogues) to an audience through movement, oral interpretation and characterization.
- Demonstrate the ability to bring characters to life for performances.
- Demonstrate competence in a specialty are through knowledge and skills.
- Use course knowledge to analyze quality of viewed performances.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Collaborate with a partner, work in small groups, and work with the whole class in constructive ways to solve acting problems.
- Analyze self and peer performances in constructive and accurate language.
Learning How to Learn:
- Be sensitive and express interest as an audience member.
- Adapt effectively and harmoniously in a collaborative work environment.
- Recognize how to problem solve.
- Measure effective time management skills.