This course covers the theory, construction, and repair of the four stroke automotive engine. This will include the proper use of compression leakage and test equipment, precision measuring tools, special engine tools and valve grinding equipment. Group 2 course.
Required Prerequisites AT 100
-may be taken concurrently
General Education Outcomes supported by this course
Critical Thinking - Direct
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Describe automotive systems and service procedures using current automotive system nomenclature.
- Use the results of diagnostic strategies to service/tear down/repair an automotive engine.
- Apply problem solving strategies to resolve issues with automotive systems.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Discuss course information with others regarding engine performance.
Learning How to Learn:
- Service a vehicle owned by a customer using recommended shop procedures.
- Demonstrate mastery of automotive engines and related services as tested by the State of Michigan.