See MNG 271
for course description.
All prerequisites for all GLMA courses are satisfied by following the approved Course Sequence Guide and any deviation from this guide needs to be approved by the cadet's adviser.
Corequisites MNG 271
Recommended Prerequisites or Skills Competencies ENG 111
and MTH 111
General Education Outcomes supported by this course
Critical Thinking - Direct
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Demonstrate safe welding practices.
- Describe the strengths and weaknesses of the different types of welding procedures.
- Perform SMAW welds in the flat and horizontal positions.
- Recognize and identify sound welds.
- Critique the uses and draw backs of SMAW welding.
- Discuss weld evaluation techniques.
- Analyze the traits that make a sound SMAW weld.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- See themselves as engineering officers who possess a broad spectrum of skills.
Learning How to Learn:
- Demonstrate safe SMAW welding practices.
- Demonstrate skill sets in real-world situations.