Course will explore advanced methods in drawing including the effects of lighting, multiple panel design and conceptualizing of compositions with an emphasis on the use of new media and developing a personal style. Advanced use of color media and theory will be explored in this course. Assignments will include still life and object studies designed by both the instructors and students. Group 2 course.
Required Prerequisites ART 121
Recommended Prerequisites or Skills Competencies
Students are encouraged to have good reading skills or seek help.
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Demonstrate a more advanced use of the fundamentals of design principles and elements inclusive of line, value, proportion, medium and composition.
- Apply the use of line and value to create the illusion of mass, volume and dimensional forms in space.
- Apply design principles to still life drawings.
- Apply a drawing medium in a controlled manner using good craftsmanship.
- Render proportionally correct objects using perspective and comparative measurements.
- Transfer drawing skills to other media; both technical and traditional.
- Synthesize design elements and principles to create innovative, original artwork.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Use the content in this course to inform and help others and themselves.
- Will critique works of art with peers and others.
- Resolve issues with drawings through self-reflection and feedback from others.
Learning How to Learn:
- Learn the importance of improving skills to develop their talent.
- Correlate research and imagination to develop unique drawings.