Second level lab for all students enrolled in a Welding Technology Degree or Certificate Program. Practical application of Shielded Metal Arc Welding, Pulsed Gas Metal Arc Welding, Gas Tungsten Arc Welding, and Plasma Arc Cutting. Welds will be performed in all positions and subjected to destructive quality testing. Group 2 course.
Required Prerequisites WPT 111
and WPT 112
Corequisites WPT 113
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Identify common welding equipment.
- Select machine settings via multiple resources.
- Create weld samples in conformance to print specifications.
- Calculate using common formulae.
- Integrate theory in practical course experiences.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Collaborate to improve welding skills.
Learning How to Learn:
- Demonstrate shop etiquette.
- Reflect on the value of attitude in the industrial environment.
- Demonstrate perseverance when developing skills.