Through structured classroom and hands-on skill building, the student will learn to read commercial drawings, install hangers, supports, structural penetrations, and fire stopping, installation and testing DWV piping. Group 2 course.
Required Prerequisites PLU 105
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Identify the use of hangars and supports.
- Describe how to create penetrations.
- Explain proper fire stopping procedures.
- Demonstrate familiarization of installation and testing of DWV piping.
- Evaluate symbols and measurements on Blueprints.
- Design proper support and hangar arrangements for piping.
- Identify proper structural penetration and fire stopping techniques and applications.
- Perform proper installation and testing of DWV piping.
- Discuss the value of accurate blueprint reading.
- Compare and contrast different real world application of hangars and supports for piping.
- Relate application of codes pertaining to structural penetrations and fire stopping.
- Distinguish consequences and benefits of proper installation and testing of DWV piping.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Conclude the value of blueprint reading will establish accurate and complete job preparation and completion.
Learning How to Learn:
- Evaluate how proper safety techniques can save lives and property.
- Reflect on the wide range of commercial applications for plumbing.