This course is designed as an extension of Modern Dance I. This class will consist of increasing proficiency in modern dance through extended studies in technique, improvisation, creative problem-solving, and performance. Dance history and critical perspectives in dance will also be explored. Group 2 course.
Required Prerequisites DNC 110
or previous experience
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Identify problem solving and improvisational techniques.
- Explain modern dance through related fields of dance history and criticism.
- Develop rehearsal and performance skills in modern dance.
- Demonstrate technical proficiency in modern dance.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- See themselves as artists.
- Collaborate with others in a creative environment.
- Recognize the personal and societal importance of self-expression and creativity.
Learning How to Learn:
- Express interest in music from other cultures and genres.
- Value differences in cultural expressions of creativity.
- Recognize the role music plays as an expression of social concerns.
- Read study effectively.
- Frame useful questions.
- Develop educational goals.
- Direct/regulate their own learning.
- Learn through collaboration.