A complete review of all professional subjects studied in the Maritime program pragmatically developed to reflect the essentials of the U.S. Coast Guard examinations. Cadets must complete all MDK courses with a 2.0 or better and receive a satisfactory grade in this course prior to being granted permission to sit for USCG license exams.
All prerequisites for all GLMA courses are satisfied by following the approved Course Sequence Guide and any deviation from this guide needs to be approved by the cadet's adviser.
Recommended Prerequisites or Skills Competencies ENG 111
and MTH 111
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Complete a comprehensive review of all material presented in all professional (MNG) courses including deck general, deck safety, navigation, rules of the road, and pilotage.
- Identify areas needing further study based on foundational testing from the knowledge area.
- Conduct testing simulations with conditions similar to those employed by the USCG.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- See themselves as officers, not cadets, upon completion of license exams.
- Work in groups and with the instructor to practice areas needing reinforcement.
Learning How to Learn:
- Appreciate the degree of difficulty required to prepare for the US Coast Guard license exam.
- Strive to pass all test with a 80% average on 70% subjects and 90% on subjects the CG passes with 90%, pilotage exams will require 90% to pass.