This course provides the aeronautical knowledge required for the instrument rating and prepare the student to take the FAA Instrument Rating - Airplane written examination. Topics include: flight instruments, radio navigation, departure, enroute and arrival procedures, VOR, NDB, ILS, and GPS approaches, IFR emergencies, aviation weather, and IFR cross-country flight planning. Group 2 course.
Required Prerequisites AVF 111
and AVG 101
both with a 2.0 or higher; or equivalent rating.
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Demonstrate competency on the FAA Instrument Airplane Knowledge test.
- Demonstrate instrument pilot operations.
- Determine the best options to deal with aviation related situations.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Recognize themselves as pilots and decision makers.
Learning How to Learn:
- Develop an increased appreciation of the importance for pilots to possess a solid foundation of aviation knowledge.
- Recognize the importance of self-learning to continually develop themselves as safe and current pilots.