This applications-oriented course will teach students the basics of day-to-day managerial work-planning, organization, leading, and controlling. Realistic scenarios are explored in areas of leadership, communication, planning, conflict, strategy, problem solving, and working in teams. Group 2 course.
Recommended Prerequisites or Skills Competencies BUS 101
, ENG 111
General Education Outcomes supported by this course
Communications - Direct, Critical Thinking - Direct
Other college designations supported by this course
Infused: Writing Intensive
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Identify basic management vocabulary focused on the Planning Organizing Leading Controlling framework.
- Assess the effectiveness of managerial models in solving current management issues and challenges.
- Integrate interpersonal communication skills while interviewing a business manager.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Will recognize their own and others' leadership styles and the impact of these styles on effective work relationships.
Learning How to Learn:
- Communicate models of ethical decision making with successful management practice.
- Reflect on management concepts extracted from the business manager interviews.