This course provides training on how to remain safe on a job site. It is for those involved in clean-up operations, voluntary clean-up operations, disposal, emergency response operations, and storage, and treatment of hazardous substances or uncontrolled hazardous waste sites. Group 2 course.
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Identify workplace hazards.
- Identify hazardous substances.
- Assess hazardous situations at the workplace.
- Follow proper procedures for working in hazardous environments.
- Analyze and suggest corrective actions involving cleanup operations.
- Explain the proper personal protective equipment required for safe operations in hazardous situations.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Work collaboratively on assessment of a hazardous situation.
- Explore responsibilities of a safety team involved in a hazardous situation.
Learning How to Learn:
- Differentiate the anticipated clean up activities along and normal operating procedures.
- Evaluate the decision-making process of key stakeholders in a hazardous situation.
- Create reasoned action plans when confronted with a potential hazardous situation.
- Advance knowledge and skills in activities pertaining to hazardous situations.