This course will introduce students to informatics in health care and, in particular, nursing. Students will enhance their ability to use modern informatics such as computer and Internet resources as well as Electronic Medical Record (EMR) software, in the health care environment. This course will be offered in a hybrid online and face-to-face format. Group 2 course.
Admission to ADN, PN, or LPN Completion nursing programs
Recommended Prerequisites or Skills Competencies HNR 102
may be taken concurrently
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Define Nursing Informatics and how it is used within the healthcare setting.
- Review how to locate health-related resources on the web and in online databases.
- Demonstrate the ability to use PowerChart to document patient care.
- Evaluate the credibility and professional quality of web and online database resources.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Collaborate with peers online to offer feedback.
Learning How to Learn:
- Appraise social media and nursing practice.
- Discern if the sources located on the Internet are credible based on given criteria.