This course is a study of the U.S. legal system and specific areas of law related to business, with an emphasis on the techniques of legal decision-making. Topics include the judicial system, torts, contracts, and criminal law. Group 2 course.
Recommended Prerequisites or Skills Competencies ENG 111
General Education Outcomes supported by this course
Critical Thinking - Direct
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Identify basic legal principles within course-specific laws.
- Illustrate basic legal principles within course-specific laws with factual examples.
- Evaluate various scenarios using basic legal principles within course-specific laws.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Analyze the major underlying reasons for legal disputes within course-specific laws.
Learning How to Learn:
- Reflect on the major civic responsibilities of citizens within the U.S. legal system.
- Develop skills in analogical reasoning through the analysis of various judicial precedents.