Using a variety of surveying software, students will learn methods and techniques to observe, analyze, and integrate field measurements in surveying applications. This includes interpreting and generating contour lines, map reading, field notes and the presentation of data on a completed topographic map. Group 2 course.
MTH121 or MTH 121
/021, can be taken concurrently.
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Demonstrate basic working knowledge of various surveying software and data transfer.
- Use submitted field data to create contour and topographic maps using surveying software and data applications.
- Through the use and interpretation of field-sourced data, integrate information into software applications for the generation of various forms of mapping.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Collaborate with teammates and customers to interpret and produce mapping products that meet the needs of the project.
Learning How to Learn:
- Learn the value of proper survey data interpretation and integration.
- Reflect upon the interpretation of data and information relayed by industry and customers to develop proper map sequences.