This course requires the synthesis and integration of knowledge and skills acquired across the Marine Technology curriculum for completion of a team oriented project and will require significant written, oral and visual deliverables including a final presentation. These field based projects will demonstrate a comprehensive approach to mission planning, technical equipment competency, budgeting, data collection/processing and dissemination to an audience. Group 2 course.
Required Prerequisites WSI 390
, WSI 405
, WSI 433
, WSI 440
can be taken concurrently.
General Education Outcomes supported by this course
Communications - Direct, Critical Thinking - Direct
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Define project requirements.
- Execute system design.
- Communicate outcomes to stakeholders.
- Apply tools and principles of physics, oceanography, meteorology, and climatology to solve marine problems.
- Create a marine solution integrating marine knowledge and skill with project management and teamwork abilities.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Communicate project requirements, processes, and outcomes as part of a development team.
Learning How to Learn:
- Assess the impact and value of a marine solution.
- Experience the value of iterative and incremental development during a complex project with emergent requirements.