This course's focus will be on creation of animation using both traditional methods and Adobe Animate software. Students will learn the basics of animation and storytelling, file management and organization, as well as interactive navigation. Students will also learn how to incorporate sound and video in projects and learn how to prepare their files for use on the Web. Group 2 course.
Required Prerequisites VCA 127
, VCA 150
Recommended Prerequisites or Skills Competencies VCA 125
General Education Outcomes supported by this course
Communications - Direct, Critical Thinking - Direct
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Demonstrate traditional and digital animation techniques.
- Develop animation projects from idea conception to product completion.
- Create projects using computers and computer peripherals.
- Integrate course concepts into interactive assignments.
- Package animation projects using industry standard format.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Use the content in this course to inform and help others and themselves.
- Critique projects with peers and others.
Learning How to Learn:
- Express an appreciation for animated products.
- Identify technical skills required of members in animation development teams.
- Frame useful questions for developing technical skills.
- Interact constructively during critiques and discussions.