A complete review of all professional subjects studied in the Maritime Engineering program. This course is designed to cover the essentials of the Third Assistant Engineer’s examination administered by the U.S. Coast Guard. The final grade for this course is dependent on taking the U.S. Coast Guard license exam.
All prerequisites for all GLMA courses are satisfied by following the approved Course Sequence Guide and any deviation from this guide needs to be approved by the cadet's adviser.
Corequisites MNG 455
, MNG 466
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Complete a comprehensive review of all material presented in all professional (MNG) courses. This will be assessed through the use of exams comprised of actual USCG license exam questions.
- Use the reference materials for their USCG exams.
- Complete the USCG exam for Third Assistant Engineer, unlimited horsepower (steam and diesel).
- Apply academic concepts during mock exams representative of their upcoming USCG exams.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Work collaboratively to prepare for their USCG exams.
Learning How to Learn:
- Describe their responsibilities with respect to pollution control.
- Describe their responsibilities with respect to the safety of the watch team members they will supervise.
- Determine what strategies are best for them as they prepare for their four day, seven module USCG exam.