In this course the students will focus on exam preparation for the certification exam given by the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) that will be taken electronically on campus the last week of the program. Testing strategies and studying techniques will be a large focus point as well as written and online practice exams. Group 2 course.
Required Prerequisites SRG 221
and SRG 222
may be taken concurrently
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Prepare for the NBSTSA exam by reviewing previous SRG course concepts.
- Demonstrate competencies in using test taking strategies relating to the national certification exam from NBSTSA.
- Connect surgical technology course content from SRG courses to potential questions from the national certification exam given by NBSTSA.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Collaborate together to prepare for the national certification exam.
Learning How to Learn:
- Relate ethical framework of duties that are legal and/or illegal to perform as a CST in the State of Michigan, varying other state laws and national laws.
- Identify sources of information related to review material that will assist the student with being successful on the national certification exam given by NBSTSA.