This course is required for the Associate of Applied Science degree in Audio Technology. The purpose of the Audio Tech Final Project course is to provide in-depth intensive training experience in an area of specialization in audio technology. The student will be paired with staff in their area of expertise. Examples are Audio for Worship, Mastering, Audio for Film, Scoring, etc. Group 2 course.
Required Prerequisites AUD 210
, AUD 230
, AUD 250
all with a grade of 2.0 or higher.
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Demonstrate basic and advanced audio, recording, mixing and mastering techniques.
- Demonstrate basic and advanced Musical Instrument Digital Interface recording, orchestration, scoring, mixing and mastering techniques.
- Demonstrate the use and application of various industry-standard hardware, software, and Digital Audio Workstation tools.
- Demonstrate the application of a variety of mic techniques.
- Integrate a plethora of recording techniques and hardware and software tools in a real-world recording environment.
- Create a culminating final project using knowledge and skills learned throughout the student's 18-month tenure in the Audio Tech program.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- See themselves as artists.
- Collaborate with others in a creative environment.
- Recognize the personal and societal importance of self-expression and creativity.
Learning How to Learn:
- Express interest in music from other cultures and genres.
- Value differences in cultural expressions of creativity.
- Recognize the role music plays as an expression of social concerns.
- Read study effectively.
- Frame useful questions.
- Develop educational goals.
- Direct/regulate their own learning.
- Learn through collaboration.