This course consists of one-on-one mentoring in audio technology with our NMC Audio Technology staff. It is designed to customize the audio tech training experience for each student, helping to identify interests and aptitude, or to provide tutoring as needed. Group 2 course.
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Identify the basics of Audio Technology.
- Identify the various technologies involved in music production.
- Identify the basics of computer-based recording.
- Identify the role technology plays in modern music production.
- Develop of a path of interest within the Audio Tech industry.
- Research various career pathways within the Audio Tech industry.
- Demonstrate interests and musical goals with specific career pathways in the Audio Tech industry.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- See themselves as artists.
- Collaborate with others in a creative environment.
- Recognize the personal and societal importance of self-expression and creativity.
Learning How to Learn:
- Express interest in music from other cultures and genres.
- Value differences in cultural expressions of creativity.
- Recognize the role music plays as an expression of social concerns.
- Read study effectively.
- Frame useful questions.
- Develop educational goals.
- Direct/regulate their own learning.
- Learn through collaboration.