This course provides an introduction to the electrical. Through structured classroom and hands-on skill building, the student will learn safety, basic electricity, Ohm's Law, basic electric circuits, meters and wire sizes. Group 2 course.
Recommended Prerequisites or Skills Competencies
Placement in MTH 111
or higher, or co-enrollment in the appropriate developmental Math course, placement into ENG 11
/111 or higher or co-enrollment in the appropriate developmental English course.
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Recall the fundamentals of electrical theory.
- Explain safety on the construction site.
- Recognize hand and power tools.
- Identify electrical test equipment.
- Describe the basics of electrical circuitry.
- Show proper use of hand tools.
- Demonstrate proper job-site safety.
- Calculate the electrical elements of basic circuit wiring.
- Recognize advanced applications.
- Distinguish how electricity works in a variety of applications.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Estimate the amount of electricity consumed on a daily basis and how it impacts people's lives.
Learning How to Learn:
- Recognize the unseen power behind everything we use.
- Judge the efficient use of electricity in daily applications.