American business in the 21st century is exciting and challenging. Students will be introduced to a variety of opportunities by exploring ownership, free enterprise, the world economy, management, marketing, international business, social responsibility and business ethics, and entrepreneurship. Group 2 course.
Recommended Prerequisites or Skills Competencies ENG 11
/111 minimum placement
General Education Outcomes supported by this course
Communications - Direct
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Identify basic business vocabulary across a variety of business topics.
- Analyze current business trends in various areas of business.
- Integrate interpersonal communication skills while interviewing a business owner.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Relate their interests to career opportunities in business.
Learning How to Learn:
- Communicate models of ethical decision making with successful business practices.
- Reflect on various business concepts extracted from the business owner interview.