Course DescriptionMTH 111
Support will focus on essential algebra skills needed for success in Intermediate Algebra. Course is for students concurrently enrolled in MTH 111
. Support topics include order of operations, dimensional analysis, properties of exponents, polynomial and rational expressions, linear and quadratic equations, proportions, graphing techniques, factoring, applications, and growth mindset/college readiness.
A grade of 2.0 or better in MTH 100
or appropriate placement score
Corequisites MTH 111
Recommended Prerequisites or Skills Competencies
High school algebra and geometry
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- The student will solve real world problems using appropriate models and strategies.
- Students will apply problem solving strategies justifying their results in real world problems: linear growth, dimensional analysis, proportional reasoning, logical reasoning, using a formula, using correct technology.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Self: Students will strive to improve areas of mathematical weakness based on feedback.
- Others: Students will collaborate with peers during group work.
Learning How to Learn:
- Students will recognize the impact mathematics plays in civic situations such as politics, education and income.
- Students will relate mathematical skills to real-life situations.