A multisensory, theory driven continuation and exploration of time-based visual communication environments. The role of motion graphics, sound design, promo films and narrative are assessed and used to create more advanced sequences of moving image. Students are exposed to advanced tools, theories, aesthetics and techniques used in film editing medium using Final Cut Pro X 10.1 and Motion. Students should be self-motivated, this advanced section involves independent projects. Group 2 course.
Required Prerequisites VCA 250
General Education Outcomes supported by this course
Communications - Direct, Critical Thinking - Direct
Other college designations supported by this course
Degree Req:Cultural Persp/Div
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Describe design methodologies related to film motion graphics.
- Identify design elements used in type and time-based messages.
- Compare image-based media and motion graphic tools.
- Identify advanced motion-graphic history as it relates to commercial video / film projects.
- Complete motion graphics projects from start to finish using Apple motion.
- Create projects using computers and HD Film cameras in an Apple Certified Mac Lab.
- Explore compressed time-based commercial structures using course concepts.
- Connect global industry standards of motion graphics production in the development of moving image/dynamic text.
- Prepare film projects for film fest presentation.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Resolve process of motion graphics editing through critiques and communication with others.
- Use the content in this course to inform and help others see the power of motion graphics to influence and change.
Learning How to Learn:
- Assess how motion graphics can be used to educate or raise empathy in others.
- Recognize Apple Certification as the premier National certification body for film editing.
- Synthesize constructive feedback during critiques and discussions.