This online course will introduce remote pilots to the four pillars of a safety management system to include safety policy, safety risk management, safety assurance and safety promotion. Additionally, this course will explore, through exercises and readings, the process for incorporating these principles into a small UAS flight service company. Group 2 course.
Required Prerequisites UAS 241
or AVF 241
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Identify risk and how to mitigate risk in their decision making process while operating UAS.
- Describe the four pillars of safety management in the UAS industry.
- Develop critical thinking and applied learning skills while building and flying and project management.
- Apply UAS course concepts to real life scenarios.
- Evaluate flight situations and possible outcomes.
- Connect decision risk management skills with a variety of flight conditions and scenarios.
- Relate safety policy, risk management, assurances, and promotion to the operations of a small UAS company.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Critically reflect upon skills, knowledge and abilities necessary to succeed in the UAS industry.
- Collaborate with a small group in an online environment.
Learning How to Learn:
- Explore roles UAS technology will play in future generations and societies.
- Recognize the need for ensuring aviation safety and public perception of the unmanned aircraft industry.
- Transfer prior knowledge and experiences to flight scenarios.
- Generalize decision making processes as they approach different life problems.
- Construct knowledge about the importance of the Advanced Safety Certification to the UAS industry.