Using a variety of surveying equipment, students will learn methods and techniques to observe, record, and transfer field measurements to surveying applications. This includes the proper care and setup of instruments, units of measurement, horizontal and zenith angles, directions, distances, elevations and field application methods. Group 2 course.
MTH121 or MTH 121
General Education Outcomes supported by this course
Communications - Direct
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Demonstrate competency in survey equipment setup and operation.
- Use survey equipment in the field to collect necessary data for implementation at the application level.
- Be introduced to data transfer from field to software applications.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Learn to work with a team to collect field data and communicate with customers to acquire needed data.
Learning How to Learn:
- Learn the value of the surveying profession and its impact on society as a whole.
- Compile log books for developing proper survey instrument procedures.