Planning a career can be challenging because of the unknown. This course is designed to introduce the student to career and life planning theories and concepts and assist in applying these principles to their own lives. A variety of techniques will be used to accomplish this including self-assessment of skills, values, interests, personality type, and strengths. Development of goal setting and decision making skills will be included to assist students in taking charge of their career direction. Group 2 course.
General Education Outcomes supported by this course
Communications - Direct, Critical Thinking - Direct
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Utilize career decision making processes.
- Identify how their traits contribute to their career decision making process.
- Explore career resources to determine possible career options for themselves.
- Integrate the various components of the course into their career plan.
- Develop an action plan to achieve their career goals; including short and long term goals.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Recognize the importance of creating their own career plan.
- Reflect upon themselves as successful candidates for their career goals.
Learning How to Learn:
- Explore what they are passionate about in hopes of.
- Explore their passions to determine their career goals that will lead to becoming contributing members of society.
- Learn the importance of committing to a process and continually checking for adjustments to their plan.