The purpose of this course is to prepare students and working dental assistants for the CDA and RDA written exams. Included are review sessions covering General Chairside, Infection Control, and Radiography for both exams and additional specific topics that relate directly to Michigan's expanded functions for dental assistants. Group 2 course.
Recommended Prerequisites or Skills Competencies HAH 120
, HDA 101
, HDA 112
, HDA 113
, HDA 120
, HDA 140
, HDA 150
, HDA 160
, HDA 242
, HDA 243
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Review key course concepts from all HDA courses and HAH120.
- Analyze dental assistant information and hands-on procedures.
- Connect dental assistant course content from HDA and HAH courses to potential questions on the State and National Board exams.
- Prepare for the State and National Board exams by analyzing potential questions and discerning the correct responses.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Interact with others regarding the rationale for correct and incorrect answers on review exams.
Learning How to Learn:
- Relate ethical framework of duties that are legal and/or illegal to perform as a RDA in the State of Michigan.
- Identify sources of information related to review units that will assist the student with being successful on board exams.