Introduction to financial accounting covering the accounting cycle, preparation of financial statements, and accounting for merchandising operations. It includes accounting for cash, receivables, inventory, property plant and equipment, current liabilities, payroll, long-term liabilities and corporations. Group 2 course.
Placement into MTH 23
or completion of MTH 08
with a 2.0 or higher.
Recommended Prerequisites or Skills Competencies BUS 105
General Education Outcomes supported by this course
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Demonstrate the accounting for various types of assets and liabilities.
- Use accounting concepts and skills found in real life situations.
- Evaluate various real life scenarios using accounting knowledge, concepts, and skills.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Identify patterns in their own developing accounting knowledge.
Learning How to Learn:
- Engage in ethical decision making regarding accounting.
- Reflect on their own developing accounting knowledge regarding future career options.