This course enables students to complete Module 3 subjects towards the EASA ATPL (A) Pilot License. Subject areas covered include Operational Procedures, Principles of Flight, Performance and Mass/Balance. Once students successfully complete the course lessons, progress tests and final exam, they will obtain the necessary sign off to then take Module 3 EASA ground school exams. Group 2 course.
Required Prerequisites AVG 282
, AVG 283
, FAA Commercial Pilot License.
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Define aircraft operational procedures, principles of flight, performance and mass/balance terminology.
- Identify the knowledge, skills, and attitudes required to earn the EASA ATPL (A) Pilot License.
- Apply course concepts to real life scenarios in the cockpit.
- Analyze situations encountered in the cockpit.
- Solve critical problems encountered in the cockpit.
- Connect the ways in which principles of flight and performance and mass/balance can impact one another.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Communicate and collaborate with a team of learners.
Learning How to Learn:
- Recognize the impact pilot training has on aviation safety for other pilots, passengers, and the wider community.
- Monitor and self-assess progress in the online learning environment.
- Reflect on learning preferences and being successful in the online environment.